Our school project this year is focused on Our Ocean, biodiversity and keeping our ocean free from sea pollution.
Ms. McLoughlin’s first class, Ms. Coade’s hearing impaired class, Ms. Kavanagh’s second class and Ms. Glynn’s second class are all involved in this year’s project.
We are twinning with Genevieve’s class in Brittany in France. They are involved in the same project in their country. Our French friends are at school at École Notre Dame de la Charité in Saint Pol de Leon near Roscoff in Brittany.
- Zoom chat with our French friends December 2022
- Christmas cards for our friends December 2022
- Exchanging packages January 2023
- Our visiting TAP artist November 2022
- Beach inspired artists December 2022
- Artist Thérese and the sea December 2022
- Seascapes and Coral with Thérese December 2022
- Ocean artwork January 2023
- Our Ocean Gallery January 2023
- Learning about turtles and turtle art January 2023
Many many thanks to Liam Twomey of GALWAY ATLANTAQUARIA
for sponsoring the bus to Marino College of Education
so that we can spread our message of Saving the Oceans to all the students training to be primary school teachers.
(Hopefully they will pass on this message to all the students they teach during all the years that they are teaching.)
- Science Week Trip to the Aquarium Special class (Nov 2022) and Aquarium 1st class (Nov 2022)
- Our seaweed art on display in the Atlantaquaria (Dec 2022)
- Beach Clean Up with Atlantic Technological University 1st class (Oct 2022)
and also in a workshop and art session on algae.
- Working with ATU on the Magical World of Algae 2nd classes (Nov 2022)